It's hard to believe it has been a year to the day almost that I last posted. It has been a difficult year for me with the loss of my Dad, who was my hero and confidant. The last time that I spoke to him was to tell him of the loss of our sweet dog of 12 years, Bella. If only I had known that it would be our last conversation, there were so many more things I wanted to tell him. I still feel him as a strong presence in my life and I know he lives on through his children, grand and great grandchildren.
I was so happy to have completed my reading goal for 2013 of 110 books. Many of these (almost half) were audio. I am rarely without my earphones in, engrossed in a novel as I busy about the house or go for a walk.
I wanted to share all of my five star ratings from the past year, in no particular order.
1. Doctor Sleep- Stephen King
2. Nos4A2- Joe Hill
3. The Rosie Project- Graeme Simsion
4. The Girl You Left Behind- Jojo Moyes
5. Me Before You- Jojo Moyes
6. The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving- Jonathan Evison
7. Life After Life- Kate Atkinson
8. Wonder- R.J. Palaccio
9. Roses- Leila Meacham
10. The Art of Racing in the Rain- Garth Stein
11. Beautiful Ruins- Jess Walter
Honorable mention and my new favorite find is author Joe Hill. I am not a huge fan of horror anymore, but he is so darn good. Check out Horns and Heart Shaped Box, they should not be read right before you go to sleep though. :)