Thursday, October 23, 2014

Two of my current favorite Cookbooks

 
I have a serious addiction to collecting cookbooks and loose recipes. If I live to be 100 I could never make a dent in the accumulated collection. The two cookbooks shown here are my faves du jour. The Back in the Day Bakery has the best baked goods recipes you will ever find. Somehow I missed this little gem of a shop when I was in Savannah but that won't happen again. Everything in this book is just old-fashioned, down home goodness. I only have made some of these things for special occasions since they are somewhat decadent. Nothing low-fat this or light that, we are talking full on splurge and worry about the calories tomorrow.

On a healthier note, The Italian Vegetable Cookbook by Michele Scicolone is phenomenal. Especially the Peach, Tomato, and Burrata Salad. Nothing terribly fancy in this book, just a lot of recipes that you will want to add to your daily menu. Delicious and good for you is a pretty awesome combination!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!