Wednesday, May 9, 2012

These Is My Words by Nancy Turner

I listened to the audio book of this wonderful story, so beautifully narrated by Valerie Leonard. Sarah Prine's diary covers her life journey in the Arizona Territories from 1881 to 1901. I totally fell in love with her and Captain Jack Eliot and their sweet and sometimes sassy love story. What a perfect pair they made for each other. It is incredible to me what it took for these men and women to carve out a life and livelihood in this harsh era and wilderness. Sarah was a tribute to the fierce fighting spirit of the pioneer women who would stop at nothing to make a safe and happy life and home for those that they loved. Her character was so inspirational to me, she made me laugh out loud and cry as well. Loved this book! 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!