Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani

A beautiful story and inspirational story about two Italian immigrants and their life in Italy and America in the early 1900's. The tale starts in Italy and the imagery from this fabulous author makes you feel like you are really there, in the mountain villages among these good people. Ciro Lazzari and Enza Ravenelli are destined to be together. I love the thread of love of family and making a better life for those that you love that runs through this book. I didn't want this tale to end, I felt like I was an extended part of the family. I could almost smell the tomatoes and garlic simmering on the stove while everyone was gathered around the table. I loved the part describing New York City in the early 19th century. We have been to Ellis Island recently and I could see everything so clearly in my mind when Ciro first arrived. I just can't get over how much Adriana Trigiani depicted everything so perfectly, truly a gifted writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!