Monday, March 26, 2012

The Hunger Games movie


We went to see The Hunger Games last night. I liked it quite a bit but there were a few things that did not live up to my expectations. I thought Peeta's character in the movie was not particularly well portrayed. You really fell in love with his gentle sweet nature in the novel and I just did not pick up on this so much in the film. It was a great help to have read the book, so many details were left out. I know, the book is always better...
Jim was appalled at the subject matter of children pitted against children to the death and this was a very difficult part of the story for me as well. An allegory for real life where our children are sent off to war and we watch the devastation unfold in our 24-7 age of media coverage, perhaps.
I would give 4 of 5 stars and recommend it, but not for younger children under 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!